- Published on 07 May 2015
By Yaani Drucker
(Author of "Not Guilty")
“My Dear Children, AWAKE! AWAKE! AWAKE!
There is no time for slumber. You have been sleeping and dreaming for thousands of lifetimes. If you do not awake now, this chance may not come again for thousands more.”
Baba says the greatest service we can render to the planet is to wake up to the truth of who we are. What have we devoted toward our enlightenment? When does that become our primary focus?
For enlightenment certain conditions must be met, just as certain conditions are being met to remain un - enlightened. What are those conditions that set the stage for enlightenment?
Here’s what Baba says:
1. DESIRE TRUTH ABOVE ALL ELSE - I give you what you want so you will come to want what I have truly come to give you, enlightenment itself. My greatest grace is the three zeros (desire truth above riches, relations, and reputation)
2. PURITY - To seek enlightenment without purity or virtue, is akin to lighting a lamp without wick or oil; it cannot be done. Give Me your garbage. The way to immortality is through the removal of immorality.
3. UNIVERSAL LOVE - It is not even devotion that is essential. It is love, truth, virtue, and the eagerness to progress, to serve, to expand one’s heart, to take in the whole of humanity in one’s love. Love towards God must be witnessed by love towards man, for man is the visible manifestation of God. Samastha Lokah Sukhino Bhavanthu. Love All ~ Serve All.
4. SELF-CONFIDENCE - Nothing happens without self-confidence. If you want Me, you deserve Me. I have come to tell you that you and I are exactly the same.
5. SURRENDER - Once you surrender your mind to Me completely, I will take care of you in every way. ~ Follow the Master.
6. INNER INQUIRY - Inner inquiry is the fastest path to truth. The spiritual path is very easy. Stop making the unreal real, and allow the real to be what it is. The bird of liberation flies with two wings : viveka and vairagya (discrimination and dispassion)
Any guru who stultifies your buddhi (intelligence/discretion), your innate power of discrimination, instead of encouraging you to seek, examine and believe, is a danger to mankind. For the buddhi is the only instrument for realization. ~ Mind is responsible for both bondage and liberation.
7. SELF – Responsibility - God is not responsible for earthquakes and natural disasters. These are due to man’s bad thoughts and greed. Man tore the world apart, and man is responsible for putting it back together. God is allowing mankind to destroy the Earth. Only when mankind is brought to his knees, will he turn towards God. Human beings created these things (demonic energies) and only human beings can destroy them.
8. RELINQUISH EGO - Face the Devil - I have come to make you completely ego free. To overcome the ego is a well-nigh impossible task. Many have overcome the 6 enemies of man, but rare indeed is that hero who has overcome his ego. Give up all bad qualities in you, banish the ego and develop the spirit of surrender. You will then experience bliss.
My task is gigantic, to uplift the whole of mankind and put them on to the correct path of Sathya, Dharma, Shanti, Prema, and Ahimsa and to grant liberation for aspirants.
Jai Sai Ram!